Great Central Railwayana Auctions

Auction Catalogue: Great Central Railwayana, 2 December 2017

Great Central Railwayana Auction Sale 237, Auction Lot 217
Lot 217 A nameplate, HAYDON HALL, from a GWR 4900 Hall Class 4-6-0 No 5932 built at Swindon in June 1933 and named after the former home of the Dowager Countess of Derby three miles from Uxbridge in Middlesex, demolished in 1967. Allocated to Old Oak Common by January 1948, its later sheds included Southall, Severn Tunnel Junction and Bristol Barrow Road from where it was withdrawn in the week ending 9 October 1865 and taken for scrap by Cashmores at Newport on 29 January 1966. £5500-7000