Auction Catalogue Notes and Announcements
Great Central Railwayana Ltd
14 School Street, Woodford Halse, Daventry, NN11 3RL
Normal Office hours: 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m., Monday to Friday
David Jones / Mike Soden, Tel: 01327 262193
Please ensure you send a copy of your email to each address.
- Telephoned commission bids and enquiries can only be made up to 5.00 p.m. on the Wednesday prior to the auction by phoning 01327 262193 / 263633. Calls should only be made on Thursday for matters of an urgent nature.
- Contact number for urgent matters only, from 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. on Friday and up to 10.00 a.m. on the day of the auction (no calls can
be taken after this time): 07778 146801 or 07949 708735. Please do not leave messages as during this busy time we may not be able
to retrieve them. On the Friday before the auction we are packing and setting up the auction. Please only contact us during this time regarding
- A commission bid form is provided on this website. Please return this in plenty of time and include your bidding number.
- Telephone bidding: If you wish to arrange a telephone bid, please contact us with your telephone details. We will phone you
just before the lot comes up for sale. Telephone bidders should note that in general terms telephone bids are arranged for
lots that we expect to sell for £200 upwards. A commission bid form is provided on this website and on the yellow card
enclosed with the printed catalogue as alternatives to this facility.
- Results (with bidding number) are posted on our website early Saturday evening. Please check here. Alternatively, telephone
between 10.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Lots can be collected by prior arrangement free of charge or can be dispatched by post or by our shippers subject to a postage
and packing charge and at the buyer's risk. We can also deliver to other railwayana events, details will be given on your invoice.
- A buyer's premium of 10% + VAT at the standard rate applies to all purchases from Great Central Railwayana Ltd.
Bids by Phone and Email Welcome
You may submit bids by telephone or email, but please quote your bidding number. If you are not registered, please
phone first. We particularly recommend submitting bids in this way at times of postal disruption. When sending emails,
please request an "email has been read" auto reply as we are unable to acknowledge all correspondence at busy times.
Debit and Credit Card Payments
We accept debit and credit card payments at all our sales. Debit card transactions are free of charge, credit
card transactions are subject to an additional charge of 2% on your invoice total (this is the charge made to us
by the card companies).
Credit card companies can randomly ask us to telephone to authorise your transaction if their security systems
identify an "unusual " spending pattern. You may wish to notify your bank/card company that you may be
buying and give the date and our company name. We hope that this will avoid any unnecessary delays.
Collection of Lots (Commission/Phone Bidders)
Successful bidders will be invoiced shortly after the sale with a choice of options for collection or
delivery. Items to be collected from Woodford Halse should be removed within 28 days (unless specific
arrangements, such as delivery to other railwayana events, have been previously agreed). In the absence of
payment, removal or any other arrangements for collection being made, items will be re-sold without further
notification and storage charges imposed. Please see section 7 of the Conditions of Sale.
Auctions During 2013 and 2014
Charing Cross (Railway Tickets): 17th November.
Stoneleigh: 18th January, 12th April, 12th July, 11th October 2014
Bloxham (General Railwayana): 22nd February, 16th August 2014
All catalogues are free of charge. If you are not on our mailing list, please contact us with your details.
- Carriage prints are presented in frames produced in the original style unless specifically stated to be
in "original frame", i.e. removed from a carriage.
- Lots described as "repainted" have, in our opinion, been repainted since railway ownership. References
to repainted front or back indicate that this side only has been repainted.
- Totems and other enamel signs: (f/f) = fully flanged, (h/f) = half flanged. Enamel signs are deemed to have excellent colour and
shine, defects and damage are noted. Where reference is made to edge chipping, this indicates the usual wear caused by the passage of
time, as opposed to face chips or other damage sustained in service.
- Item sizes quoted in the catalogue are for guidance only and are not intended to convey the precise dimensions.
- Clocks and watches: Examples of this age often require oiling or adjustment after being moved and installed at a new
location. All timepieces offered in this auction appear to be in good, undamaged condition unless otherwise stated
and have been wound and run for a short period.
- Posters: are generally rolled with light folds as delivered to stations. If unfolded we describe items as rolled,
any significant defects are noted.
We would like to acknowledge the help provided by Richard Strange and the HSBT Project in providing much of the locomotive
history included in this catalogue. www.whatreallyhappenedtosteam.co.uk